Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I use Arbor Green for all trees and shrubs. This is injected into the rootzone. For acid loving plants like Azaleas, rhodo's, holly, etc., I'll add in some aluminum sulfate.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ammonium sulfate (21-0-0) can be purchased at lesco. A complete fertilizer, high in phosphuros, should be applied in the spring and fall.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use an 8-10-10 for bloomers. Usually hitting azaleas in the fall to help form and set the bloom for the spring.
10-4-10 with minors for greenery type trees and shrubs.
We apply once in the spring and once in the fall.
We get ours from Howard Fertilizer. We have been using their brand for the last 9 years and have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
B&B LAWN said:
where can i buy that type of fertilizer. Is there any type of granule based fertilizer i can use
Lesco. They also had a Landscape and Ornamental fert at one time, which was all slow release granular. I don't know if they still make it or not. It worked pretty good. I use the Arbor Green because I can add micro's, insecticdes, etc. to my tank along with the fert., if needed.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Grassmechanic said:
Lesco. They also had a Landscape and Ornamental fert at one time, which was all slow release granular. I don't know if they still make it or not. It worked pretty good. I use the Arbor Green because I can add micro's, insecticdes, etc. to my tank along with the fert., if needed.
any problems with the arbor green settling in the tank?
definately need mechanical agitation, right?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
lawnservice said:
any problems with the arbor green settling in the tank?
definately need mechanical agitation, right?
Oh yah, it'll settle out pretty quick. Mechanical agitation is a must!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
PR Fect said:
Lesco Landscape and Ornamential 14-14-14 all slow release
That would be ok, but the one I remember was like a 12-26-16, or something along those lines. It had much higher phosphorus and potash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.