• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

fertilizing w/out license(Indiana)

Nitroman

LawnSite Member
I do not have a chem. license and have just learned that I don't need one to apply fertilizer. Do you guys have any suggestions on walking the dry stuff? I need to know how much to dispense and when. Also, can I spread the fertilizer with anti weed mix without a license?:blob4:

Premo Services

LawnSite Bronze Member
Oh boy, you can probally apply fertilizer without a licence, but you have to read lables of what you are using to see the correct amount to apply, you could damage to lawn by overappling fertilizer.
As for as how much to put out, it is on the label, and you know what they say
"THE LABEL IS THE LAW".
As for as the question about spreading fert. with a anti weed mix, I believe that the weed killer is a pesticide and you would need a license to apply that. Try to talk to the Dept of agriculture agent in Indiana, they will steer you in the right direction.

pushu2

LawnSite Member
Your questions show why licenses are important. ALWAYS read the label, never use pesticides if your not licensed and for your own sake study the local laws.:nono:

sodzilla

LawnSite Member
Here in WI you can apply fert without a license if you follow the label directions. I you deviate from the directions in any way you can't do it without an applicators license. Weed killer is a pesticide and you must be licensed to aplly.

Russ

LawnSite Senior Member
Go ahead and get your license. The Indiana test is not hard or expensive and you will learn a lot in the process.

cecropia11

LawnSite Member
where in Indiana do you go to get a license, i have been looking online and the only thing that I can find is through Purdue, is that where you have to go in Indiana for applicator license.

Russ

LawnSite Senior Member

Ric

LawnSite Fanatic

GravelyGuy

LawnSite Silver Member
You cannot apply any combination products(crabgrass preventer, weed & feed, etc) without a license.
Posted via Mobile Device