fertilizing w/out license(Indiana)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nitroman, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Nitroman

    Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana
    Messages: 217

    I do not have a chem. license and have just learned that I don't need one to apply fertilizer. Do you guys have any suggestions on walking the dry stuff? I need to know how much to dispense and when. Also, can I spread the fertilizer with anti weed mix without a license?:blob4:
  2. Premo Services

    Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,516

    Oh boy, you can probally apply fertilizer without a licence, but you have to read lables of what you are using to see the correct amount to apply, you could damage to lawn by overappling fertilizer.
    As for as how much to put out, it is on the label, and you know what they say
    As for as the question about spreading fert. with a anti weed mix, I believe that the weed killer is a pesticide and you would need a license to apply that. Try to talk to the Dept of agriculture agent in Indiana, they will steer you in the right direction.
  3. pushu2

    pushu2 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 11

    Your questions show why licenses are important. ALWAYS read the label, never use pesticides if your not licensed and for your own sake study the local laws.:nono:
  4. Premo Services

    Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,516

  5. sodzilla

    sodzilla LawnSite Member
    Messages: 219

    Here in WI you can apply fert without a license if you follow the label directions. I you deviate from the directions in any way you can't do it without an applicators license. Weed killer is a pesticide and you must be licensed to aplly.
  6. Russ

    Russ LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 540

    Go ahead and get your license. The Indiana test is not hard or expensive and you will learn a lot in the process.
  7. cecropia11

    cecropia11 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 103

    where in Indiana do you go to get a license, i have been looking online and the only thing that I can find is through Purdue, is that where you have to go in Indiana for applicator license.
  8. Russ

    Russ LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 540

  9. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969


    Good to see an old member posting again. Your posts were always worth reading.
  10. GravelyGuy

    GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana
    Messages: 2,548

    You cannot apply any combination products(crabgrass preventer, weed & feed, etc) without a license.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Share This Page