Fescue and Pre-m

BikePilot

LawnSite Member
What pre-m do most of you like to use in the spring and then in the fall for fescue lawns? I know many are labeled and capable but wondering for those in the TN, Kent, NC, Arkansas area, what you have seen the best results with and which you personally prefer. Thanks

TurfWerks

LawnSite Senior Member
I use barricade in spring.. none in the fall so we can reseed. If we don't reseed we use just a fert and 24d
Posted via Mobile Device

jbell36

LawnSite Bronze Member
Our first weed control app. is with prodiamine at max rate. The second app.(April) we use Pendamethalin H2O.
is prodiamine the same chemical barricade uses and pendamethalin the same chemical as dimension? and if you use prodiamine at full rate wouldn't that be a one step app, not a "split" app? please excuse the ignorance, i'm still new to the game...

TurfWerks

LawnSite Senior Member
I dunno why you would use 2 different pre emergents for crab grass at full rate.. that doesn't make sense to me.. I use a full rate of barricade over 2 apps..
Posted via Mobile Device

TurfWerks

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't do a fall pre emergent.. I usually push seeding bc in my area fescue takes a beating in summer.. I just spray a broadleaf product and a fert if they do not seed.. I tell my customers poa is not controlled in fescue.. its been that way for me for 15 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

360 Lawn Service

LawnSite Member
We are going to try Tenacity. After the results from Purdue and Ohio St. Tenacity will have both pre and Post-m control. This includes Nimblewill, Crabgrass, and Nutsedge. It's about $55 for an acre of coverage, but their will not be any confusion what chemical and when to apply it.
Posted via Mobile Device

MisterBreeze

LawnSite Member
I see a lot of you guys don't pre-m in the fall. So how are the weeds in the spring? I am seeing a ton of weeds on the lawns I cut this year. White Clover is killing me.