1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Few lame pictures...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, Dec 1, 2007.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

This one I took yesterday on a landscaping job. Raising all the heads because we are switching turf to groundcover. I replaced this 4" 1800 crapola with a 12" LX12. Look how many riser extensions are on this bad boy. I thought the digging wasnt gonna end.

These two I took because we were trying to find the lateral line leak that was bubbling up. About 3' deep. Old sch80 pipe that weathermatic made years ago.

1/2" was broken off inside the 2" T, so thankfully we could just chip the 1/2" out and not mess with the 2" T. (Camera phone sorry)

PICT1823.JPG

Nov29_0001.jpg

Nov29_0002.jpg

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Okay to chip out pipe then reuse that joint? Looks tasty.

3. EagleLandscape

1/2" pipe, schedule 80. cheap stuff.
    tiny hax saw blade with small cut, and then pop it out. as long as u dont do any damage to the female socket. also prime and clean out even though its a lateral. tons of glue. test, retest, no leaks, cover up, problem solved.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Amen, always something to watch out for!:clapping:

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Does Texas not believe in Swing joints?

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You forget, Jon, Texas does not believe in standard valve boxes, either!:dizzy:

7. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

No fraid not. Just cutoff nipples. I install swing joints on repairs if traffic was the problem.

8. EagleLandscape

Yah some guy at Longhorn, I don't know his name, he has a son named James I believe? 10 years old. He was showing me these blue barb-to-half inch threads and he said thats what everyone has been using.
    I didn't even know they existed. He said only the old guys use cut of nipples. I told him I learned from a guy that has been doing it ever since it started...

9. EagleLandscape

What do you consider standard valve boxes?

The way I do it: Use a large rectangle box so it will house only one valve, with a gate valve right before the valve. large box allows tons of space in case you ever need to do work on the valve.

On the other hand, I typically see a 6" valve box (if there is a box to begin with) either atleast one 1" valve. See 2 all too often, saw 3 in a box one time:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Manifolding valves is commonplace everywhere but texas.

We also use those blue twisters and swing pipe instead of cut off nipples.