Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might as well join the bandwagon and post some pictures of what I do all day.

Started this job and have been working there off and on for the last 3 weeks building a 14,000Sq ft horse arena, barn pad (30'x48') build a 1/2 acre pond, grade and clear about 4 acres of pasture, and several other things.

First off we bought a brand new dozer for this job!

Grading for the arena

clearing and buring

King of the dirt pile:usflag:

graded the back yard

Finished covering the Arena in the black fabric

Hauling in the screenings

Loading and hauling dirt up to the barn site

Screenings all graded, 6x6's are laid down around the edges

Dusty!

Rolling

First load of sand

More sand

All done!

Started on the pond.

Digging for the overflow pipe

Your's truely takin it easy!:drinkup:

pushing on the water tight conector

Did I take too many pictures:dizzy:

here's a video of me loading the truck

Here's a couple of the new dozer

· Registered
11,913 Posts
I think you're catching up to me on being a picture slut there, Chris.
Doing that arena with the fines is exactly how we do it too, build it thick and high in the center and plow it down with the dozer and skid steer.
Nice work (and pics) as always!

· Registered
28,605 Posts
nice work!!!!!!! can i come work for you?

haha i have worked all summer with me and two other guys on 7/10's of an acre... we started on the drainage in the beginning of june and did all the dirt work from there on. now we only have a kubota tractor, cat mini ex, cat backhoe and we still cant get any freakn headway. we are making beds for the landscaping this week becuz the boss man is so freakn slow!! and makes me and the other guy do hand work becuz he doesnt feel like doin it with a machine.. i know i could do it with a machine but he wont freakn let me run anything since i showed him up digging grade on the mini ex. sorry just really aggravated becuz i wasted my summer with him...... ok i feel better.. just had to get if off my chest

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you're catching up to me on being a picture slut there, Chris.
Doing that arena with the fines is exactly how we do it too, build it thick and high in the center and plow it down with the dozer and skid steer.
Nice work (and pics) as always!
Yeah I spread about 75% of the fines with the dozer, I was spreading and got a little carried away and ripped up about 8' of fabric that was under the screenings with the blade:hammerhead: took me about 20 minutes with a shovel to get it back to were it needed to be. Used the tak from then to finish spreading.

If you want I can keep posting away with pictures, I only have about another 500 or so that I took of everything I did this summer:dizzy:

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey man dont burn that tire!! not good for the ozone
What tire? That's the new round starter log!

I try to throw them to the side, but everynow and then it seems that one somehow gets in the pile, usually when the sky starts turning black. then it's time to pile some wet brush on top so it don't smoke so bad!

· Registered
6,990 Posts
What tire? That's the new round starter log!

I try to throw them to the side, but everynow and then it seems that one somehow gets in the pile, usually when the sky starts turning black. then it's time to pile some wet brush on top so it don't smoke so bad!
haha we save then to toss in after the sun goes down!!

shoot it even looks brand new like it still has the sticker on it!! put it on your ride

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha we save then to toss in after the sun goes down!!

shoot it even looks brand new like it still has the sticker on it!! put it on your ride
Can't it's already been incinerated, whoops

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's some pictures of a quick 2 day job I did last week.

dig and install 300' of 15" drain pipe and set 3 concrete basins.

all done

· Registered
355 Posts
That homeowner will end up with quite the yard, I’m glad I don’t have to cut all the grass.

You guys must keep busy with that combination of equipment. Do you have dump trucks or just hire them?

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's one form a couple weeks ago, clear for a house site, demo an old building, dig a hole in the back of the lot to bury all the concrete and block, then dig a basement.

Video of the demo

Loading up some logs

skid steer digging a hole to bury the concrete

here's where the hole was

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Banned
9,721 Posts
Can't burn tires here anymore get caught you can loose your business license its bad news. Diesel fuel and a gas powered leaf blower works good to get a fire going. If the enviromental inspector gets a report that you were burning and somebody smelled tires they will come and look for the steel rings. Same with burning used 5 gallon oil buckets they look for the metal handles. Used hydraulic oil burns hotter than h*ll.

· Registered
28,605 Posts
Yeah I spread about 75% of the fines with the dozer, I was spreading and got a little carried away and ripped up about 8' of fabric that was under the screenings with the blade:hammerhead: took me about 20 minutes with a shovel to get it back to were it needed to be. Used the tak from then to finish spreading.

If you want I can keep posting away with pictures, I only have about another 500 or so that I took of everything I did this summer:dizzy:
post away!!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Nice detailed pics Dirtman, and the work looks great. I really like the arena pics. Those Kenworths are sweet!

How deep was that pond, and did you dig it with the Volvo and grade it down with the dozer, or did the dozer hog some of the bulk out too?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.