• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

FF for Walker grass boxes?

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
I've never figured out how to keep the grass from sticking so much to the inside of my Walker GHS boxes. Does anyone have any ACTUAL experience with using Fluid Film for that?

DLAWNS

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes. I use it in the hopper and it works great. Gotta reapply a little more than not. But it definitely does help. I even use it on the small bagger for my walkbehind and the grass slips out easier and keeps the rust under control too.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
starry night

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yes. I use it in the hopper and it works great. Gotta reapply a little more than not. But it definitely does help. I even use it on the small bagger for my walkbehind and the grass slips out easier and keeps the rust under control too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, DLAWNS. I'm glad someone replied that actually used it. I haven't used Fluid Film at all, yet. I am planning to get some for this season. I wasn't sure how it would work on the poly plastic of the Walker hopper.
Spray it on or brush it for this use?

DLAWNS

LawnSite Fanatic
I usually use the spray cans or more often than not the undercoating gun. I'm sure the brush would work just as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lazer_Z

LawnSite Silver Member
Posted via Mobile Device
Now Bill, You know that if you bought a real catcher (Accelerator :cough: Accelerator :cough: lol) you wouldn't have to worry about rust ever.

I know I don't need to keep it from rusting, but I do spray mine with a coat of FF. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to clean out, I can literally peel the grass off of the inside.

DLAWNS

LawnSite Fanatic
Now Bill, You know that if you bought a real catcher (Accelerator :cough: Accelerator :cough: lol) you wouldn't have to worry about rust ever.

I know I don't need to keep it from rusting, but I do spray mine with a coat of FF. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to clean out, I can literally peel the grass off of the inside.
Haha yeah. I think mine's a grass gobbler, that accelerator catcher is serious though.

SKYNYRD

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks, DLAWNS. I'm glad someone replied that actually used it. I haven't used Fluid Film at all, yet. I am planning to get some for this season. I wasn't sure how it would work on the poly plastic of the Walker hopper.
Spray it on or brush it for this use?
to say you haven't used fluid film is like saying you've never breathed! fluid film is every bit as important to survival as oxygen, food and, water:cool2:

OP
starry night

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
to say you haven't used fluid film is like saying you've never breathed! fluid film is every bit as important to survival as oxygen, food and, water:cool2:
Looking at this forum, FF sure has its devotees.
Strangely, I know of no landscaper in my area that uses it although the local John Deere implement dealer stocks it -- must be the farmers that use it.