1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Fiber optic

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Mar 5, 2008.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I just installed my first fiber optic system from IlluminFX, what a sweet system. Unfornuately the pool contractor ran the conduits (4) for the water feature and they should have run 8. But the ease of install was great. I measured the sleeves using a fiberglass fish and ordered up the lengths I needed. I recieved a custom harness in 3 days. NO special tools or cutting. I have 3 more jobs sold that include fiber optic, and we are installing the conduit in the steel phase of the pool.

2. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Tommy, Any chance you took some pics during install and when done? If so would love to see them. Thanks!

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

interesting stuff at that IlluminFX website. I've never done any, and have had a couple of reuests.

I also read that the RopeFx is 0.5 Watt per linear foot, can be cut every six inches, and can run off a 12V system... sounds just like what a client of mine needs for inside a solid dome he's having built.

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

AJ at Illumin FX is a great guy, he will assist you with your layouts and help witht he designs if need be. His system is super easy to install and maintain.