• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

(Ficticious Business Name)

CGS

LawnSite Member
I'm currently registered (Ficticious Business Name)as Camino Gardening Service, through the county.<p>I've been in Business for 5 years on this month. It is time to renew, but I would like to change it to:<p>Camino Landscape Services or<br>Camino Landscapes or<br>Camino Landscaping<p>I would like some help on choosing one of these names or any name you think might fit &quot;Camino&quot; (Grandmothers Maiden Name).<p>Thank you all for your responses.<p>CGS

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Heres one: CAMINO GROUNDS MAINTENANCE<p>If you are doing landscape maintenance and installation, plus mowing, this name will cover all aspects of your business.<p>Homer

AB Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
In the next couple of years I will be getting rid of ''lawn care'' out of my name and I also thought of using GROUNDS MAINTENANCE but two other names I thought of using is LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE or LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

Why not just trade under your given name? <br>If most of your family is in prison this might be a problem. A more unusual name like<br>Homer or Hulrow will stand out in the crowd<br>of Johns and Mikes.<p>Why give this state the money needed to apply for a fiticus name? There are other<br>finincial considerations which most of you<br>fail to realize.<p>There are too many green this and that already. You are the driving force in your<br>business. Use your given name if it is easy<br>to spell and pronounce.<p>When a potential customers meet me for the<br>first time they remember me for better or<br>worse for I am a large man with a great physical presence. I look them in the eye and<br>don't cower to no one. Some arrogance<br>helps that in the future they think you will be no push over.<p>Since I don't adverstise to the general public I don't give a crap about thier<br>perception.<p>Customers shop for sevices in the following<br>order.<p>1. Price<br>2. reliability<br>3. quality of services<p>Most of them could care less if you have<br>a $8k ZTR or a $500.00 walk behind or<br>a $35k new dualie with a landscapers body<br>or a 20 year old Dodge pickup you rebuilt<br>from junk yard parts.

lbmd1

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey John Retro, <br> I guess it's time to change our run of the mill names and work out!! You hold the customer down while I threaten him to sign a contract. :) IMHO, customers shop price last. Personality, image and service come first. Licensing, degrees, and intimidation are usually down at the bottom.<p>Mike<p><p>

JJ Lawn

LawnSite Senior Member
In spite of Larry's very insensitive reply, I think it is neat to honor you Grandmother this way. <p>I like your suggestion of &quot;Camino Landscaping&quot;. Short and to the point.<p>jim

JimLewis

LawnSite Fanatic
No comment on Larry. :) None needed. <p>On to the original question. I always prefer xxxx landscape services. It's very broad and covers a lot. I also like xxxx grounds maintenance as well. It's my second favorite name for landscape companies. Almost as good. <p>I would definitely avoid &quot;xxxx landscaping&quot; unless you actually plan to do more actual landscaping (e.g. installation, design, etc.) than lawn care. That name implies such. <p>I also like Camino and the story behind it. Stick with it. That's cool. <p>That's my 2¢. <p>----------<br>Jim Lewis - Lewis Landscape Services<br>http://www.lewislandscape.com

jrblawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
CGS,I guess I'am with Jim on this,I like Landscape Services this is what I use now.Services implies HELP and covers it all.If you do as myself,Mow-Tree and Shrub Trimming-Rototilling-Power Edging-Spring and Fall Cleanups-Landscape Renovations-Design and Plant Installs....you get my point.Grounds Maintenance also works,good luck!!<p>----------<br>John <br>

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
I started out as AB Lawn Care (sorry adam) due to the fact it was always listed first in ad listings but then I discovered that in the great state of CT unless you are incorporated or a Limited Liability Corporation or Partnership(llc)you need to register in EACH of the 169 towns in the state ($5 a pop)so now I just use my own name, its protected state wide at no cost to me and nobody else can use it.<p>In this state you can not use the term landscaping in your name unless you are a registered contractor $240 for two years, lawn services are exempt.<p>Bill