Fimco ATV sprayer on 27HPKaw Lazer

turfsmart

LawnSite Member
I have a Jrco spreader that mounts to the front of my 27HP(liqcool) Lazer & I got a 15gallon Fimco ATV boomless sprayer(2Nozzle/HiFloGseries2.1GPM electric pump$185.00).We also found a 5 nozzle boom from another sprayer for 25$ . I'd like to mnt the Tank to the back of the Lazer so I can do liquid & granular apps at the same time. I was thinking of making a tray out of angle iron to hold the tank & I need to make an easy disconect mount for the tank and boom for mowing.
?s-Is the pump is powerful enough to operate the boom efficiently?
How high should the boom be mounted on the frame?
Any suggestions on how to mount the tank & boom so that we could easily disconnect from the mower??

-Thanks!-TS

CHARLES CUE

LawnSite Gold Member
I have a Jrco spreader that mounts to the front of my 27HP(liqcool) Lazer & I got a 15gallon Fimco ATV boomless sprayer(2Nozzle/HiFloGseries2.1GPM electric pump$185.00).We also found a 5 nozzle boom from another sprayer for 25$ . I'd like to mnt the Tank to the back of the Lazer so I can do liquid & granular apps at the same time. I was thinking of making a tray out of angle iron to hold the tank & I need to make an easy disconect mount for the tank and boom for mowing.
?s-Is the pump is powerful enough to operate the boom efficiently?
How high should the boom be mounted on the frame?
Any suggestions on how to mount the tank & boom so that we could easily disconnect from the mower??

-Thanks!-TS
Is a 1GM pump large enough - Depends on what size nozzles and how many i would guess not. I run a 3.8 GPM pump and spraying at 20 gals a acre it is maxed out on a 10 ft boom. And at 11 gals per acre does just great.

How far off the ground should the nozzles be - that depends on the spacing most nozzles are made to over lap because the spray is lighter on the edges than in the center. standard height from teejet is 21 in i believe. Go to teejets web site and do some reading.

Fast removal of tank - mine has 2 pins that stick out horzonal and have hooks that drop over them and 1 bolt to lock it in.

Just some thoughts

Charles Cue

AnotherOkie

LawnSite Senior Member
I use a flojet 4.9 gpm w/ a 14 ft boom. Yellow flat fan tips on 20" spacing. I run 25-40 gpa depending on product and conditions.

OP
turfsmart

turfsmart

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the replies. I finnally got to put the boom together and it ended up being 333' total length! I think Im going to break down. Out of the arms I should be able to make 2. 1 for my rider & 1 for the walk behind. That is going to be too much weight wise definitely & length wise as well. I was contemplating mounting the 15gal tank to the roll bar but Im not sure if it will make me too top heavy