1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

final cut height?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryPaulD, Oct 24, 2006.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

ready to do last cuts. I tried a search but...here I am. What do you recomend for the last cut of the year? 1", 2" ? thank you

2. Post Mowing

Post Mowing LawnSite Member

i droped 3/4 of in inch from your summer hight

3. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

The Grass should go to sleep for the winter at Its reg. length...Not too long...not too short...for example...I cut @ 3-1/2" average through out the summer...last cut=3-1/2"

4. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

If I'm picking up leaves, then I usually drop down to about 2.5 inches, because my mower does a better job then. If I am just mowing or mulching, then there is really no reason to drop the deck unless someone asks you to. But, a little shorter won't hurt.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I drop the height down to about 3 inches because I run my mower at about 3 1/4" to take care of the leaves.

6. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

In Atlanta I take the Bermuda down to 2" from 2.5", Fescue I cut at 2.5" from 3"

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Everything 3" unless requested be customer.

8. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

up north in Michigan you should be around 2.5 -3.0 snow mold will kill you if it is to long. plus leafr clean up is better on short grass.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

2.5 or 2.75 depending

10. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

im cutting at 2.75 most lawns this week, may go down a notch if i decide to cut next week.....