Finally a Stand On with 40-42" Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 15, 2018.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Gold Member

Wright had 42” Stander RH previously and killed it presumably because 38” gates are more common.

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Don't think that was aerocore. Article also says deck tilts f/r side to side to follow contour. Really interested in this .

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Toro had a 40” grandstand for a long time
    Discontinued the 40” deck because it didn’t sell well

Wright has had a 42” stander for years , maybe even the very beginning of the stander I can’t remember entirely but they had one in 2002

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Toro still has the three blade 40 on its website., they list at 8000+.. 14 " blade a liability if you want to mulch.

6. Turf Tracer

Three blade 40 cuts about as well as their 2 blade 30. Dealer here gets nothing but complaints.

The 42” Wright looks promising. Previous 42” Wright ran 2X 21” Blades

7. K c m

K c m LawnSite Bronze Member

Great Dane had a fold up deck to get 52’s through gates. Not sure if they are still around though.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I did look at that 40 Grandstand but yall complained that it was a deck packer clumper POS, so I backed off. Will definitely like to see how the Wright performs.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Same people that complained about grandstand say the aero core is a PoS , ironically

You’re just going to have to try one yourself

10. Turf Tracer

The complaint w/40 is direct result of 3 tiny blades. The Aerocore works good for me but just mulching. Had to cut out discharge baffle though.