Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is matt and the trailer is finally done. Did it why my brother was gone. For the materials it was a little less than 100. The walls are 4' tall and are sturdy for plywood.

Wood Rectangle Road surface Line Grass

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its supported by 2in deep on the sides (dist from wood boards to metal side of trailor, but the L hinges, the two 4x4 the 2x4 that you see and another 2x4 running horizontally on the right which takes weight off the bottom of the plywood

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Originally posted by CSRA Landscaping
Be careful if you plan to fill that thing up with soil or mulch ... I don't know how well the sides will take to it like that.
If it's a single axle you won't be able to fill it more than halfway with mulch, less with soil. 3 yrds of mulch in my 6x12 open squats it almost to the fenders and it has 15" wheels on a 5,000 lb. axle, BUT the springs are not stiff enough for more than 3 yrds which is roughly 3k lbs right? Also be careful if you don't have trailer brakes. The 3 yrds mulch in my trailer is very heavy to take off and stop.
However your sides look like they'd serve well for a rolling billboard, 2 or 3 mpg loss and also to keep your competitors from seeing your secret weapons :D and also might be a pain at the gas pump... make a little 12" x 12" door with hinge and latch to stick the gas pump through if this will be for mowers.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wont lose 3mpg towing that, i have the psd and if it worked right than id be all set. I learned my lesson about trailers and gas stations. After being stuck in one for over 45 minutes because of a stupid woman driver i wont do it again. I just use 5 gallon containers now. Trailer doesnt have brakes but i havent needed them with the new f350.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.