Since Memorial Day weekend I have been trying to get a deep well up and running that has been dormant for many years. The only purpose of the well for me is to water the yard with future intentions to put in a permanent sprinkler system. So I had one well contractor that came out and said he was familiar with this particular well from when he used to service it for the previous land owner. Said the pump went bad so they hooked up to rural water. Well I decided to have him set a new pump and storage tank and get it going again. From then until now I have had no success in using the well any length of time. It would work for a little bit then it acted like it ran out of water. I asked him if he had any notes from the past that showed how much water the well "made" and he pretty much told me to not worry about it and there is plenty of water. Well this situation persisted until this last week when I had another well contractor come out and check it out. He checked the well using compressed air I think and told me it "made" 22 gpm. So he was positive that it wasn't running out of water and that it was something else. The first guy didn't install a pressure gauge so this guy decided that was the first thing to do so we could see pressure readings. The pressure gauge was stuck on about 40 psi and the sprinkler was barely squirting water out of it. I told him this was the exact example of what was happening. It would spray perfect for a little bit but then would taper off like it was starving for water. When you shot the water off and turn it back on it squirt just fine for a half a minute or so and then down to almost nothing. After some head scratching he asked me if I drained my hose after I shut water off and I don't. Apparently moss/algae was growing in hose and getting caught in the screen to the sprinkler. I took the screen out to the sprinkler and it works perfect. Have been water for 6 hours straight with out a single issue. I don't know why we didn't think to check on that screen from the start. Naturally assumed it was something major instead of something simple. Very happy its fixed but kinda frustrated at the same time.