Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I don't see a safety cable running through that spring. Do you realize what could happen if that spring breaks?:eek:

·
Banned
927 Posts
That is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life. I would not go within 30 feet of that trailer. You better pull that off before someone gets seriously hurt or killed :eek:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Definately an example of what NOT to do, that is not safe.

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
I've seen them put in a pvc tube too, for safety I assume. But if that thing broke they might find your head in one place and your torso in another. Otherwise it looks great. Just add the safety features.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
You should have copied the Ballard factory one. The spring is inside of a tube, and it stays paralell with the trailer rail. Someone on this site should have a picture they can down load for you. I dont have a picture of mine. Also Ballard uses a double spring.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I dont use a trailer, but I thought when you buy trailers they have left springs put on them??

All i'm saying is be careful, hate to hear about you on the news......dat bad for didness!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
You need to attach a safety wire from one end of the trailer, THRu the center of the spring and to another end of the trailer. This way, in case the spring is stretched far, and BREAKS, the "explosion" will not take your head off. The spring could only slid up and down along the safety wire so far and the be stopped.

Here's a pic. Notice the Junction of the safety wire being attached to the trailer:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.