1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Happened....

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by N&CLandscaping, Oct 26, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well today I was using the mower on our old Ford 1976 Tractor in school and got it stuck. I backed down in a gully that looked fine and when you steped and jumped on it it was good, but then I backed in a went forward and BANG! I was stuck, it took us a good 20min to try to get it out, finally it came out. I wish I had a video camera, you should of seen my teacher tryin to get it out, mud everyware! but it was funny just thought id share that story :)

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

It happens. My boss got a mid size Kubota stick up over it's front wheels a few years back. It was near a swamp and all of a sudden the ground gave way and he was stuck. We brought his Chevy out there and managed to get that pretty much stuck. It took a Dodge Ram diesel and a 454 Suburban to get everything out. It was fun tho. I was just happy that I didn't get it stuck. We had all three vehicles in 4 wheel low and in drive one and the tractor axles locked... one strong pull and it was all out. I wish I had a camera.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I have done more than once. Usually in the spring trying to feed cattle. Or couple of times with a scraper cleaning out pens I would bury it dumping on the pile. Either JD 4020 or 4240.