Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of waiting my dealer called me with the message the flailmower has been arrived. A hydrolic driven mower for my mini skid steer. The machine has a 115cm (45”) overall width and a 105cm (41”) working width. I ordered the mower with hammer blades for more rough grass, reed and bushes.

Not a cheap Chinese machine, but an Italian made quality Muratori.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire

Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
NOT 😅
This machine is for the rough terrains and what to think of the lawns with high gras with unexpected objects. I rather will use this machine the first time to not damage the blades of the “normal” mowers.

Have something different then only propellor mowers. All owners and contractors have only propellor mowers you have to compete with. How do distinguish with them; price, cleanliness, kindness, speed?

Every contractor gets a job a year that their equipment isn’t adequate enough for. When you have a machine what can do a whole different thing, that other contractors can hire you for that single job. The next time they can do it with their own mowers. In this way you can make money too.

NEVER and NEVER say to the homeowner you can mow it the next time with your normall mower (zero turn) because it’s the customer of the contractor that hires you.

· Registered
470 Posts
After a year of waiting my dealer called me with the message the flailmower has been arrived. A hydrolic driven mower for my mini skid steer. The machine has a 115cm (45”) overall width and a 105cm (41”) working width. I ordered the mower with hammer blades for more rough grass, reed and bushes.

Not a cheap Chinese machine, but an Italian made quality Muratori.

View attachment 527605
View attachment 527606
View attachment 527607
Mooi!!!

All weather superbeast.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Can you flip it up and trim hedges?
No, I don’t want to trim hedges with a flail mower. It’s here very common that government owned hedges and some very large hedges around commercial plants are done with a flail mower but IMO the cut is too rough. So I for that kind work I have 60” hedge trimmer for my skid steer.

- see topic hedge cutter -

· Registered
206 Posts
No, I don’t want to trim hedges with a flail mower. It’s here very common that government owned hedges and some very large hedges around commercial plants are done with a flail mower but IMO the cut is too rough. So I for that kind work I have 60” hedge trimmer for my skid steer.

- see topic hedge cutter -
Yeah, I can only imagine that a shrub cut with a rotating blade would jack it up beyond belief

1 - 11 of 11 Posts