1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenkeepers, Jul 7, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey all-<p>It finally happened. Last week while cutting in a high end neighborhood a lady who represents the homeowners assoc. asked me to bid the commons areas. Of course I did, and when I gave it to her all nice and bound w/ copy of insurance etc... she said WOW. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she had a bid for less than half the price, I politely said let him have it then. Two days later I got a call from the lady wanting to know if we had time to come down and redo what the &quot;lowballer&quot; had done and they would compare jobs and see if it was worth the extra $$... Needless to say we got the contract. Thats what makes a hard day worth it!!<p>Any similar stories??<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

2. lawnsurfer

lawnsurfer LawnSite Member

Hey way to go!:) One for the good guys. I don't understand peoples logic when it comes to saving money over spending a proportionately smaller amount for top service and no headaches. I explain to all my customers the extra they spend with me I give back with better service. It works for me too.