1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Financial aid for vehicle destroyed in fire

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Caleb A Peters, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Caleb A Peters

Caleb A Peters LawnSite Member

Hello everybody, My name is Caleb Peters, i am a 17 year old highschool student who lives here in fishers. I started a lawncare business 4 years ago and plan on continuing my business as my career. This spring i upgraded my equipment and bought a commercial riding mower and trailer with money i saved and have been pulling my mower with my parents old van. This week my van caught on fire for an unknown reason and i lost a lot a tools, my van, a $300 blower, and my trailer wiring is ruined. Thankfully no one was hurt. Unfortunately, this has stopped my mowing for this season as i have no vehicle to pull my trailer and even if i did i would have to get a new blower and my trailer fixed before i could start. I was planning on buying a truck next summer in cash when i had the money, but now i will have to buy one much cheaper. The insurance is not going to cover much of the damage as the van was not worth much. So i am looking for a little financial help to maybe allow me to buy a little nicer truck than i will have to get otherwise. I was told by a friend that i should try starting a go fund me so i did, and it is linked below. I REALLY appreciate any money that i raise from this, and please feel free to share. Thank you so much!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/replacem...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet 20191106_131156.jpg

20191106_135824.jpg

20191106_135732.jpg

20191106_134052.jpg

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Bummer.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

That stinks.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member
    from NWI....

Looks like you need to get a part time job then

oqueoque, Cam15, mhardin36 and 4 others like this.
  5. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Senior Member

You have any vehicle insurance?

Cam15 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Caleb A Peters

Caleb A Peters LawnSite Member

Yes.... it only covered about 500 even tho i have 1.4k worth of equip in the back not including the van.

7. eggy

eggy LawnSite Bronze Member

Regarding the equipment...Check into your parents homeowners policy...

8. Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Member

also, in the future consider getting a policy on your equipment. A few bucks a month from hiscox.

9. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks. Gonna be hard to get donations. Just the way it is. Best bet is gonna be to find a job between now and next spring to make some money to pay for stuff. And take your address out of your info.

10. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Did you click on the link? Kids already past his goal of $1500.