Finding a junction box

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by poolboy, Apr 2, 2007.

  1. poolboy

    poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth
    Messages: 2,408

    Do most of you guys carry a wire finder/locator (Greenlee)? I am trying to find a junction box for some pool lights that I believe may have been buried underground. I called a bigger electrical repair company in town today and they were not able to do this. After reading Greenlee’s brochure, it seems that they sell this to irrigation companies. If so, do you guys carry one and if so how much would you normally charge to find a junction box (w/no repair, I’ll fix)?

    Thanks for the help!!!!
  2. Mjtrole

    Mjtrole LawnSite Member
    Messages: 226

    Try renting a 521 from and irrigation supply house if you can't find an irrigation contractor in your area. pretty simple just trace your line with the "wand" then retrace your steps holding the wand parrallel to the wire route and the tracker will show you where there has been a splice made.
  3. londonrain

    londonrain LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,129

    What you need is a ground fault locator.....$60

Share This Page