Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lawn I'm working on, and its in a typical newer subdivison where they took all the topsoil away (shame, as it was some of the best farmland in the country I was told by the local farm bureau) and planted sod/seed in clay. I'm trying to convince the client that going organic is the best way to help rectify the situation. But before i do that, i would like to find someone in the area who sprays tea. I would love to be able to buy all the equipment now, but at this point, its not in the realm of feasibility. While i expect that there in no database (yet) with that info, It seems that this is a tight knit community, and someone may know somebody. This property is located in Sycamore, IL about 60 miles W of Chicago, and 30-40 min. SE of Rockford IL. The zip is 60178.
Thanks for any and all help you can provide.

·
Banned
4,197 Posts
I don't know if he comes down that far but its worth a shot. Green Quest, Mike Flynn has some kickbutt compost tea and does applications too. He is just over the border in WI

He makes all of his own compost and vermicompost, he kicks it up a notch and inoculates it with known microbes, so it is a mix of wild and cultured beneficials. You should see some of the soil food web tests that he has, through the roof. He can custom mix a lot of other things that you may need for your business and knows what kind of balance the tea may need for turf in that scenario

His company is actually pretty well known in Ag for certified organic crop production. He's the bomb, just be ready though, he is a pretty eccentric guy

you can email him at [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.