1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

finish mower

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by teegrace, Mar 15, 2003.

1. teegrace

teegrace LawnSite Member

i have a kubota b1700 diesel hydrostatic tractor. all it is used for now is plowing snow in parking lot at car dealer. i am looking for a finish mower for on it. any of you guys have same tractor? what brand mower and size would you reccomend

2. Ross in IL

Ross in IL LawnSite Member

I'll step up since no else has. If I were you I'd look for a three pt rear mounted mower to make removing it quick and easy. Two brands I would consider are Woods and Bush Hog. As for size either 5 o 6 foot depending on the hp of your tractor and how well you keep up with the mowing.
    Good luck with your decision
    Ross Provine

3. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I bought a Woods 60", 3 pt hitch for my New Holland 25D and it cuts great. The entire back of the mower is open so the clippings disperse evenly. I like the 3 pt hitch cause you can back up to hard to reach areas, can't do that with a belly mower.

4. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

Progressive. I have a 22' progressive finish mower, and it is far and away better than any other finish mowers I have used. (If you don't know, the 22' is just (3) 92" mowers on a flex fold frame) They make smaller ones also.