Finished job Pics on social media

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Sep 30, 2019.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Folks.

Social media (Facebook) is becoming a place for contractors to advertise and showcase their work.

However, I’m seeing contractors that are showcasing incomplete hardscape jobs. Meaning patios with steps, steps that do not meet local building code.

If you’re not aware, yes, there are codes for steps built with blocks, just as there are for any other steps. County building codes and or town / city building codes.

I know you’re excited to showcase your jobs on the net. But make sure you’re up to par with having handrails on the steps. It makes you look competent when you DO. And it makes you look a fool when you don’t!

Thank me later!!

Andrew J Hardscape
    Hardscape in Chief

2. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

And steps that tilt down, steps that catch toes, steps that land on an uneven plane, steps of different riser heights.
    Lots of people out there that just don't know what they don't know. And they'll never know because they won't admit they're wrong.

Green Industry Pro, Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Pictures tell a thousand words. Some words not always good.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

Andrew J Hardscape
    Hardscape in Chief[/QUOTE]
    I remember this forum years back. People would post beautiful pictures apart scape jobs only to get destroyed by DVS. I came back and took a good look around and I don’t see any of those great hardscapers anymore. I guess they all got sick and tired of getting raged on. A lot of the Facebook guys don’t really know what they’re doing. Others work for other companies and post company jobs on their page to get side work. I guess DVS ran out of jobs to complain about on this forum.

Ma&Pa likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    DVS Hardscaper

I remember this forum years back. People would post beautiful pictures apart scape jobs only to get destroyed by DVS. I came back and took a good look around and I don’t see any of those great hardscapers anymore. I guess they all got sick and tired of getting raged on. A lot of the Facebook guys don’t really know what they’re doing. Others work for other companies and post company jobs on their page to get side work. I guess DVS ran out of jobs to complain about on this forum.[/QUOTE]
    I remember this forum years back. People would post beautiful pictures apart scape jobs only to get destroyed by DVS. I came back and took a good look around and I don’t see any of those great hardscapers anymore. I guess they all got sick and tired of getting raged on. A lot of the Facebook guys don’t really know what they’re doing. Others work for other companies and post company jobs on their page to get side work. I guess DVS ran out of jobs to complain about on this forum.[/QUOTE]

Nice spin!

Cam15 likes this.
  6. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

I have looked at my wifes account. The place is rampant with wack jobs. Its a great way to profile people though. I can check for tattos, body mutilation, and there friends. It gives me a good amount of information on how mentally ill they are and how there disease is progressing. I suggest staying away from that website. (Old new joke) do you know what desert makes woman gain the most weight? Bookface.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    DVS Hardscaper likes this.
  7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Social media is becoming a place for contractors to advertise and showcase their work? Dude where you've been? Social media it's been replacing even these forums, long are the days a discussion here would get daily replies, is good to see you still around complaining about railings and give people a hard time while still complaining about this industry going south, are you even doing hardscapes nowadays?

KUMA01 and Ma&Pa like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    DVS Hardscaper

A contractors online job pictures are their MENU.

Would a high end steak house have a picture of an over-cooked steak on their menu?

Crazy 4 grass likes this.
  9. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

You make a good point when I order my big Mac expect sesame seeds to be glued on

10. OP
    OP
    DVS Hardscaper

So, this just came up on local Facebook tonight.

End unit town house.

I was looking over the pictures and everything was looking good.

Until, I got to the pictures of this step. Note, the contractor has 3-4 pics of this step, as if he’s showcasing the step. I did not zoom in, enlarge, or modify the pics. This is GHETTO

161B687F-45C7-4780-B87C-66C8C4D1CA6D.jpeg

96036C9A-9F20-472E-A301-EE45E03FCFE3.jpeg

Crazy 4 grass likes this.