1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Finished my chute blocker

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Donald A, Nov 11, 2012.

  1. Donald A

    Donald A LawnSite Member
    Messages: 107

    I had all the steel on hand so cost was not a factor.
    I also used two hemi joints for the pivot points that I salvaged from some old Harley parts that were laying around.
    I spent around $10.00 for the spring, paint and some hardware.
    If I had to purchase all the items for the build I'm thinking around $50.00, but, that's just a guess.
     
  2. charmill26

    charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 369

    Good deal!
     
  3. Donald A

    Donald A LawnSite Member
    Messages: 107

    Took a couple of days. I was designing it on the fly and had a little trial and error. Sort of shade tree engineering.
     
  4. Woodman1

    Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 332

    Very nice! When you start mass producing them - I'd like to put in an order to fit a ZD 25!
     
  5. ed2hess

    ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 14,274

    You are on the right track but still to complicated for mass use. Add a torsion spring to hold the thing shut. Thena simple cable to pull it open. Would sell a ton down south where we run 90% closed,
     

Share This Page