Fired another helper today…they only get worse..

OP
JLSLLC

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Whatever number of years of experience a potential hire tells you he has divide it by 10 and that is likely the amount of their actual experience.

Finding competent laborers is a gigantic pain. If it wasn't for Hispanic workers I would probably get out of the business. 99% of the time that I hire US born workers it turns out to be a disaster.

Training programs helps, but they don't solve bad attitudes and poor work ethics. Those are behaviors instilled during the formative years.
Have been looking for Hispanic workers.. everyone else here uses them. Not much luck. Made a thread about that too..

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm networking the heck out of my friend base which is a lot of Hispanic. Either they are getting $ from the gov, already have a job, or they want an astronomical amount per hour. Word is out that they are in need. I've had a few tell me $20 or $25 and hour cash... Yeah but nope. I'm desperate but not stupid. Both wanted under the table cash. Again nope.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm networking the heck out of my friend base which is a lot of Hispanic. Either they are getting $ from the gov, already have a job, or they want an astronomical amount per hour. Word is out that they are in need. I've had a few tell me $20 or $25 and hour cash... Yeah but nope. I'm desperate but not stupid. Both wanted under the table cash. Again nope.
You are better off dropping mowing entirely than paying those kinds of wages.

Top Forums