Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your top three things that can really fire you up out there. Some things really get my temper flaring in the hot weather.

1) Bumping the trimmer head just ever so slightly on the ground and having 4000 ft of line come out.

2) Mowing in semi-wet conditions and hearing that sound when you know your mower is going to dump out all the clumps of wet grass trapped underneath. It always seems to happen at the worse spots.

3) Backing trailer into driveway at the end of a 12 hour day and having it f-up time after time no matter what you do.

4) Blowers and Wind....just don't mix.

well that's four, but some days these little things can really set me off.

-Frank

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
The only thing that really get's me going is showing up to cut a lawn and finding out it's already done, or customers who stop me from mowing because they say it doesn't need it, or they decided to save a little money and cut it themselves this time.

I get so P.O.'d that I just load up and leave and then send the cancellation letter, because if I said anything it wouldn't be nice. I've dropped 3 customers this season for these reasons.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I hear ya on #2. I spent the better part of the afternoon and the evening dealing with that same exact thing. :dizzy: I've been doing lots of deck scraping and double and tripple cutting here because of all this rain we've been having.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
backing 3 day old trailer and bearly tapping the tool box and bust thge whole light assemblie off. :mad:

Also trying to back trailer then some woman comes speeding by 40mph in a 20 zone nearly hitting me. :angry:

·
Banned
726 Posts
Three things that light me off:

1) Hitting my head on a tree branch while mowing.
2) Hitting my head on a tree branch while trimming.
3) Hitting my head on a tree branch while blowing.
:angry:

·
Registered
791 Posts
#3 & #4 man here.

The blower and the wind thing is one of the few things in life that just make me want to kick the crap out of something (kids bike on tennis court, trees & shrubs etc)

Backing up a trailer at any time when your tired is a very time consuming aggravating thing. Some nights I just give up and park it in our paddock.

Undoing the outer rapper on a new pack of trimmer line and the hole thing unraveling is also one of my wanting to kick the crap out of something things. :angry:

·
Registered
505 Posts

One word "CHAINSAW" :eek:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
#1 Wet grass from people watering when they aren't supposed to.

#2 Showing up and it's been mowed. Oh well, I bill them anyway, their mistake.

#3 People parking right behind the gate when it's down, that really gets me. Solved that with cones, haven't had a problem since but it used to set me off.

#4 Low hanging branches

#5 Dogs

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
1. A customer who decides to be an arse.

2. A neighbor of one of my customers who decides to be and arse.

3. People's driving skills in traffic.

4. Tree branches that I walk right into.

5. Mower getting stuck in the lake.

6. Running out of gas

7. Expecting payments to arrive on a given day and everyone decides to be late.

8. Kohler fuel injection problems

9.Something that won't crank.

10. Ending up where I need to be and realizing I left something at the shop.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by Frank2
What are your top three things that can really fire you up out there. Some things really get my temper flaring in the hot weather.

1) Bumping the trimmer head just ever so slightly on the ground and having 4000 ft of line come out.

2) Mowing in semi-wet conditions and hearing that sound when you know your mower is going to dump out all the clumps of wet grass trapped underneath. It always seems to happen at the worse spots.

3) Backing trailer into driveway at the end of a 12 hour day and having it f-up time after time no matter what you do.

4) Blowers and Wind....just don't mix.

well that's four, but some days these little things can really set me off.

-Frank
Wow! How big is that trimmer head, isn't it really heavy?

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
I try hard not to let things get to me but the thing that really pees me off is to get my hat/cap knocked off of my head.

everytime that happens I look around for someone to bust!:angry: but it's always just a tree limb or such....

GEO

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
1. runnung out of trimmer gas multiple times on the same property because the freaking tanks only hold a thimble full of gas

2. running out of gas with no warning on the Z when I'm perched precariously on a steep slope

3. having the trailer push the truck around because the equipment is not loaded in the EXACT right place for perfect tongue weight... this one really ticks me off(no I can't mark the floor because there's different combinations of equip in there depending on what we're doing that day)

4. Democrats

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Stepping in a very large pile, or worse yet, hitting one w/ a line trimmer. (fortunately hasn't happened this year).
Getting attacked & stung by stinging insects. Got nailed by a wasp this year while pruning. I always smack all shrubs thoroughly w/ a rake before pruning to flush out any nests. How did I know that the nest was in the telephone pole guide wire right next to the shrub.
People who park right at the base of your trailer's tailgate when its down & they know you cant lift your equipment over the side rail.
People who generally overstate the obvious "Could it get any hotter?" "I sure would hate to work in the rain" "Sure is cold today isn't it?"

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
yall jus need to move to pleasant vill.
its great here man.. everything always works and is either black or white.
an every morning about 10. a nice lady dressed in white ,brings us our coloring books an crayons.oops gotto go ,i think the happypills are coming soon.:)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Originally posted by Bluesteel
Three things that light me off:

:angry:
And worst part is hitting your head on the same branch for 3 consecutive weeks. Thats what daydreaming gets you.

Wind vs blowers = fall in CO

·
Registered
378 Posts
1. Customers who think cutting it shorter will make it look better for the rest of the week.
2. Customers who don't understand height of cut has nothing to do with rate of growth.
3. Customers wanting it cut shorter because it needs to cut again in three days because it's growing so fast.
4. Customers who water their lawn three times a week, wants the lawn to be cut shorter, thinks height of cut is somehow related to rate of growth, and can't comprehend that if it is growing so quickly and tall between cuttings using less water may be the solution to a shorter greener lawn with fewer disease and pest problems.

·
Registered
605 Posts
1. Bird houses hanging from low branches.
2. Spider webs in the face.
3. Dogs who can poo next to a fence and then hitting that poo with the trimmer. Taste is very bad.
4. Customers who water their lawn twice a day everyday, regardless of rain.
5. Customers who expect their weed infested, neglected lawn to look like a perfect lawn after one treatment.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Originally posted by geogunn
I try hard not to let things get to me but the thing that really pees me off is to get my hat/cap knocked off of my head.

everytime that happens I look around for someone to bust!:angry: but it's always just a tree limb or such....

GEO
Yep gettin my hat knocked off ticks me off...I carry a chain saw in the truck now!!;)

Employees mistreatin my equipment is right up there.

2.5" isn't short enough for some old ladies.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.