1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

firewood setups

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by Ford's Lawncare, Sep 26, 2007.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

HL do u like the pto driven processor? I have a kubota l3400 and was thinking about going that way.

2. HL Landscape

HL Landscape LawnSite Member

So far so good with the PTO driven processor. When looking at processors there is a major price difference in a PTO and "self" powered machine. Already owning a tractor makes this a pretty easy decision.

Firewood is a new business for us so we are still building that customer base. This processor will out-produce what we can sell, so for now it is perfect. The one thing I do have to say though is I can't imagine trying to do this without another piece of equipment to load logs with. There are some self loading tables out there but you still have to move your logs to the table. If you were trying to do this manually your production would be at a crawl. What I am trying to say is if the Kubota is your only piece of equipment maybe looking into a self powered unit might be a good idea so you can move logs with the kubota and keep on producing with the processor.