• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

First Aid Kits

Youngandfree

LawnSite Bronze Member
Do you have one that is easily accessible on your truck. Can you get to it and get supplies one handed if you are by yourself? I got hurt in my driveway last night when a socket broke in half while tightening a lug nut on a trailer. When I leaned on it and it broke, my hand went into the rolled edge of the aluminum fender. Garage was open and I got to paper towels in the basement quickly.

I keep a kit in my truck and in wife's car. I keep bandages, a couple CAT tourniquets, trauma dressings. I need to get some quick clot gauze to put in my kits. Don't buy tourniquets on Amazon. CAT is made by North American Rescue. Just buy direct and get trained on how to apply it on others and yourself. And I need to get a second kit for my truck to put somewhere easier to get to. Current pouch is in a small pack on back seat. I think I'm going to get a pack that hangs on headrest and has velcro back so you just rip it down. When minutes count, you need to have something to help yourself.

In a splint for 1-2 weeks.

Attachments

OP
Y

Youngandfree

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ouch!! May you heal fast.
Stitches come out in 2 weeks. Makes me thankful for my fulltime job and the mowing part time. The pisser is I'm trying to move this weekend. I'm in a rental and got 2 storage units with most of my stuff in it. Wife wants to be settled by Thanksgiving.

kemco

LawnSite Platinum Member
Fwiw let me see if I can find the pic... This is what it looks like when one of your employees literally "throws" a commercial hedge trimmer behind their own head to reach the top part of a taller shrub without considering that you, boss man, may be behind them.
Well dang I can't find my hospital pics of my head. Well 22 stitches and if I was half a second before or later he would have caught my neck and I would have bled out.

OP
Y

Youngandfree

LawnSite Bronze Member
Fwiw let me see if I can find the pic... This is what it looks like when one of your employees literally "throws" a commercial hedge trimmer behind their own head to reach the top part of a taller shrub without considering that you, boss man, may be behind them.
Well dang I can't find my hospital pics of my head. Well 22 stitches and if I was half a second before or later he would have caught my neck and I would have bled out.
That is why the quick clot combat gauze is valuable. In a wound you can't use a tourniquet on, you pack the wound with the gauze that has a clotting agent on it.