1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

First Commercial WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DaveRave07, Jul 12, 2005.

1. DaveRave07

DaveRave07 LawnSite Member
    from NY

I plan on saving up money to buy a commercial WB and turn my part time business into a more full time business for next season. My question is this, I plan on the majority of my accounts to be residential properties as small as just under 1/2 acre and as big as 1.5 acres. My targeted areas are not gated properties so that will not be a factor. My question is should I look for a WB in the 48" 52" range or the 36" range. I will be shopping for used and the amount of money I will be spending is not unlimited. So for the types of properties I mentioned will 36" be efficient enough or should I go for a bigger mower that may not be as high of quality. All imput is appreciated.

Keep in mind I already own a push mower that I would likely use for access to problem areas.

2. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I think that a 48'' WB with a floating deck...and the Hydro instead of gear drive would suit your needs,based on the size yards you will be doing!

3. DaveRave07

DaveRave07 LawnSite Member
    from NY

Yeah that was my thought I think the 48" is a pretty versatile size. I know at some point I will look into a 36" for a backup. Any other imput?