Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After loosing my operations manager job at a landscape construction and general contracting company last friday (july 8th) ive been out on my own trying to make a living. i bid on an driveway repair job ( a little too low) and had my girlfriend work with me ( she lost her job two months ago) . take a look and tell me what u think . ive attached a link to my webshots account because it was too much a pain in the but to post them on here. u can look through my other pictures if u feel so inclined

http://community.webshots.com/user/pekicone

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yeah my girlfriend got quite a suprise that night.. .when she got back to NYC she showed me the pictures. Kinda turned me off.. ya know.. but anyway can we focus on the repair job

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am not a paving expert, but wonder how that thin layer on top the old stuff will hold up. Maybe that whole section should have been cut out ? Certainly looks better and as you said the seal coat should help smooth it. Were you planning on sealing the whole drive ? that would definitely make it look nice and maybe you could make up some money on the sealing part for bidding low. Did you rent the dump and roller ? Hope it works out for you, nothing like working for yourself, good luck !!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah im planning on sealing the entire driveway. thats my truck i bought about a month ago. i rented a 1 ton roller for 100 dollars. yes its definetly a thin coat but i used an emulsifier so all said and done it should last 4-5 years.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you very much .hes 9 months old his name is copley and weighing about 110 lbs.. the vets are saying that hes gonna be small for his size but i absolutely love having him. he spends almost every minute of the day with us.. he loves coming out plowing in the winter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.