First Dylox app

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by upidstay, Oct 24, 2017.

1. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Did my first (and so far only :hammerhead:knock wood) Dylox application. New customer, did their own grub control. Which failed. So far my Acelepryn is doing the job!

2. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Member
    from ct

congrats, nothing pisses off a customer more than losing there lawn to grubs after a good year. if your not noticing any damage by now id say your off the hook this late in ct. ive considered acelepryn because its suppose to be more environmentally friendly, does it cover surface feeders to?

3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Great on web worm, nothing much on chinch. One of the reasons we switched was because there's a species of chafer merit doesn't really hit, and a lot of guys were having failure, it turned out to be this species.

I remember when Acelepryn first came out. Was at a seminar at new England Grows, Phd from U of Maine presented his findings, even he said it's almost too good to be true. Safe for everything but grubs and caterpilars. You can hose a dog down with it, no effect, spray a honey bee nest, no problem.

4. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Member
    from ct

well lets hope those chafers don't migrate to my territory anytime soon, it sounds pretty promising to look into. whenever I say we should just spray your dog and they wont get ticks I don't get the best looks but maybe they'll be more understanding with the new product.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Remember my Dylox experience from a couple years ago. It didn't work too well. I had to repeat applications.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic