Lawn Care Forum banner

First Frost

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ric 
#1 ·
Finally, a little bit of frost this morning :clapping:

#9 ·

I have been lucky enough to dodge the bullet 3 times now.

Last night was the 3rd freeze warning I have had this year. 1st time I covered every thing. Last two times I covered nothing. I guess I would rather be Lucky that Good. Or maybe I am just plain lazy.

BTW I have a couple of Hydroponic set ups growing vegetables right now. I am doing DWC and My tomatoes & Peppers etc are in a DUTCH BUCKET system and looking dynamite. Before summer I have to add shady cloth to keep them growing great. Last year I didn't use Shady cloth and July & August sun burn my plants.

My Aquaponic lettuce is hurting and the Fish are dying. This is my first attempt at Aquaponics and it has a very steep learning curve. I believe my big mistake was introducing too many fish to the system too soon. My plants were not big enough to up take enough Nitrogen to clean the water.

If you are interested in Hydroponic go to U tube for information. Building systems is expensive compared to a dirt garden. However once a system is build the up keep is rather easy and you get a lot more product. The big secret in doing Hydro, is buying fertilizer from a Agriculture supplier. The cost difference is HUGE. Southern Ag sells commercial hydroponic fertilizer in 25 lb bags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.