1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

FIrst Job bid help!!

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Clay Hodge, Jan 6, 2020.

1. ggb6259

ggb6259 LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

None taken, it was meant to be funny...

Cam15 likes this.
  2. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Senior Member

welcome buddy.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Fanatic

This is the time of year to think about your pricing and raising same. Remember inflation is running at 2+ percent each year so if you don't keep up you slowly fall behind.

kemco, Cam15 and Jake the grass guy like this.
  4. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be at $105-120 weekly. The customer is not going to want weeds and grass growing up through the stone parking areas, so you'll need to treat, or trim frequently. I've had my little people helping for years, you don't want a trimmer in their hands over gravel, or the landscaped beds, and along that rock creek bed. During growing season, you'll need to trim all those under tree beds weekly. You also have grass right up to the house, so careful timing required there also. One week you'd be there solo 2 hours, the next week it may take 2.25 hours + to give the beds a clean edge . There's a ton of bed weeding also, is that part of the bid? Don't forget about the fallen branch pickup, there will be a considerable amount of time on this property. Also, is there big mower access to the fenced area by the pool? If not, mower change is also going to be needed.

Love the Green Biz and Cam15 like this.
  5. sehitchman

What are the white things around the outhouse?

Cam15 likes this.
  6. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oregon

Gnomes? Oompa Loompas? Where do you find these little people and do they work hard?

Crazy 4 grass and sehitchman like this.
  7. sehitchman

Fortunately my wife gave birth to a couple, and friends asked me to put a couple of theirs to work. The OP's 1st post mentioned he wanted to work with his son, and a fine young man was in his pictures. I'm all for putting kids to work, just keep them safe and well trained for specific jobs. Here the AC's have unprotected wires along with surface cable lines. The little persons can run trimmers just fine, but don't have the strength to keep it level and away from fragile exposed things.

Crazy 4 grass likes this.
  8. paulsgrass

paulsgrass Banned

They are a pain to cut around and even mow to trim under.

9. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Fanatic

I see these everywhere-parents just can't say no. What they don't know and will find out the hard way is that they had better inform their insurance company about this-they don't like them and will try to not pay out if it is not listed on the policy. Unless an insurance estimator visited the property and noted it prior to policy issue or renewal these SOBs will try anything not to pay.

Cam15 and paulsgrass like this.
  10. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Platinum Member

This ones not even full sized. Your making bigger deal then what it is.