1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

FIrst Job bid help!!

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Clay Hodge, Jan 6, 2020.

1. kemco

kemco LawnSite Gold Member

I've yet to run across a trampoline that's actually staked down. About every other cut just yank that out of the way and cut or trim where it was.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. paulsgrass

paulsgrass Banned

You like mowing around and in between them ?

3. 1620cwj

1620cwj LawnSite Member

There's not exact way to calculate a lawn. Ask your competition, some may give you good info some may not. What is going rate in your area for a .25 acre then take that number by 4 x .9 which give you an approximate number then go up or down based on difficulty. Lastly ask customer why they are changing and the price they were paying.

paulsgrass likes this.
  4. 1620cwj

1620cwj LawnSite Member

Another thought, based on your pics, $100-125, and see what they say. If they have a have a heart attack, you maybe high but now you say "if you want it done right" and give them your final price.?!

5. Bfish

Bfish LawnSite Member

For this property (and how I like to do it):
    Solo
    trim everything starting in the front, walk back to truck, walk push mower to backyard, walk back, mow everything (walkbehind with velke), ride back to truck, grab blower and blow front and back, walk back to truck and leave.

Tandem
    mow front while helper trims back (after walking back), then rotate, first one finish (trimmer finishes in front, mower rides to front) grabs the push mower, next one grabs the blower and starts blowing before the push finishes. Theoretically finishing at nearly the same time. Less walking back and forth so more efficient.

1620cwj, Cam15 and sehitchman like this.
  6. Kgruen07

Kgruen07 LawnSite Member

looks like tight areas with hills and alot of weed whipping always price in difficulty factor instead of size of yard

Cam15 likes this.
  7. Franky8081

Franky8081 LawnSite Member

Welcome Clay. Fellow Fireman from Ga here. After reading through the responses and seeing the pics. I think all the guys are spot on for what the market for this area in Ga would be. $60-$75 is gonna be real close here. With the right equipment and regular maintenance it shouldnt take you to terribly long. Especially when you get your routine down. The more jobs you mow the more you get familiar with how fast you can cut. $1 a minute is a general rule for me. And you can typically cut a decent sized yard in 60 minutes. Obviously that would include trimming blowing etc. Good Luck!!!