First Job of the Season Went HORRIBLE!

Darryl G

Inactive
So, like I said, I went out and got a Stihl blower. I got the BG 50 for $129.99 and got the extended warranty by getting the 6 pack of oil. So for $152, I got a blower with a 6 pack of oil and 4 years of warranty. I'm also going to start my engine swap on the walk behind. This engine seems to be pretty good so hopefully it wont let me down.View attachment 339852 View attachment 339853 View attachment 339854
Grats on the new blower. FYI, the double warranty is not applicable in your case though. "Double limited warranty protection applies to most STIHL gasoline-powered handheld products purchased for personal non-income producing household purposes only."

Mr Stripe

LawnSite Platinum Member
Grats on the new blower. FYI, the double warranty is not applicable in your case though. "Double limited warranty protection applies to most STIHL gasoline-powered handheld products purchased for personal non-income producing household purposes only."
Well, lol, I totally hear ya,. and agree. But in his boat with 2 paying yards that aren't paying what they should be,.. I believe I'd have run that blower through as "residential use" myself., besides, that blower will last longer than his warranty using ethanol free gas & as little use.

But no,; like tomorrow I'm buying a br700, dealer knows me well. No way I'd get by running it through residential, wish I could. Lol

OP
Hazardra Lawn Care

Hazardra Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
Engine swap was a success as far as I can tell. engine starts, runs good, engages the blades and drives. only tested it in the garage due to the rain so hopefully I will know Monday evening how well it handles grass. may look into making some sort of deflector for it and do away with the chute blocker I made for it

Mr Stripe

LawnSite Platinum Member
Be sure & take your push mower with you in case it doesn't work out. "And TRIMMER LINE" lol
Engine swap was a success as far as I can tell. engine starts, runs good, engages the blades and drives. only tested it in the garage due to the rain so hopefully I will know Monday evening how well it handles grass. may look into making some sort of deflector for it and do away with the chute blocker I made for it

OP
Hazardra Lawn Care

Hazardra Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
Be sure & take your push mower with you in case it doesn't work out. "And TRIMMER LINE" lol

always take my push mower lol. going to have BOTH push mowers, walk behind, trimmer (wish i had a better one or at least a spare lol) and my new blower. trimmer line, and 2 cycle gas
i have another FS 46 trimmer that would have to be put in the shop to be fixed. thinking about doing that sometime soon just to have a backup

Mr Stripe

LawnSite Platinum Member
always take my push mower lol. going to have BOTH push mowers, walk behind, trimmer (wish i had a better one or at least a spare lol) and my new blower. trimmer line, and 2 cycle gas
i have another FS 46 trimmer that would have to be put in the shop to be fixed. thinking about doing that sometime soon just to have a backup
What's wrong with the FS 46 again?

OP
Hazardra Lawn Care

Hazardra Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
What's wrong with the FS 46 again?

the one im using, nothing
the other has been down for a long while now. as far as i know it needs a new carb and trimmer head because the old one is missing parts. cant buy the specific parts i need so it all would need replaced. about $50-70 i would say would cover it all.

OP
Hazardra Lawn Care

Hazardra Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
Alrighty~
Just mowed my commercial once again today.
my arsenal: Stihl FS46 trimmer, Stihl BG 50 blower, Poulan Pro push mower, Weedeater brand push mower, trimmer line, 2-cycle gas, straight gas, bucket, grabber, ramps, trailer, and walk behind.
the result? no problems whatsoever
was able to do all the mowing with the walk behind and the rest with the trimmer. didnt even have to break out the push mowers :clapping::walking::walking::terribletowel:
so far the engine i have on the wb has been great but if i make it through the season with this engine i will be surprised honestly. its a weak production engine (imo really. anything other than a Vangaurd from Briggs is junk)
in other news, my Stihl FS 46 is needing a new bumper knob so that will be replaced soon
BUT, my other FS 46 is in the shop getting fixed so i will soon have 2 trimmers working :mechanic:

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Alrighty~
Just mowed my commercial once again today.
my arsenal: Stihl FS46 trimmer, Stihl BG 50 blower, Poulan Pro push mower, Weedeater brand push mower, trimmer line, 2-cycle gas, straight gas, bucket, grabber, ramps, trailer, and walk behind.
the result? no problems whatsoever
was able to do all the mowing with the walk behind and the rest with the trimmer. didnt even have to break out the push mowers :clapping::walking::walking::terribletowel:
so far the engine i have on the wb has been great but if i make it through the season with this engine i will be surprised honestly. its a weak production engine (imo really. anything other than a Vangaurd from Briggs is junk)
in other news, my Stihl FS 46 is needing a new bumper knob so that will be replaced soon
BUT, my other FS 46 is in the shop getting fixed so i will soon have 2 trimmers working :mechanic:
Great you got a successful break:clapping::clapping::D:cool2:

Top Forums