• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

First job of the year 2010 3D landscape/hardscape/waterscape design

Pittsburgh Stone83

LawnSite Member
This will be our opening job for the season (if the snow ever melts as I look out the window and see it still coming down). It will include a total of approx. 2,000 sq. ft. of weathered pavers, sitting walls, built in grill, dining area, fire place, pondless waterfall, and boulder walls. We have done all hand sketched topographic designs in the past but I took some time to learn 3D design and been getting back some great feedback.

MORRELLAY FINAL DRAFT1.jpg

MORRELLAY FINAL DRAFT 2.jpg

MORRELLAY FINAL DRAFT 3.jpg

MORRELLAY FINAL DRAFT 4.jpg

tmf lawn care

LawnSite Senior Member
i would move the waterfall back like 5 foot more. so it wont dirty the pool up. that and put it more to the corner of the pool. it look great. what cad program r u use? because I'm look for one.:usflag:

ProCutCare

LawnSite Member
What program is that you're using? Very impressive especially for someone who hand drafts everything.. That would be so much easier to present to a customer versus a hand drawing.

OP
P

Pittsburgh Stone83

LawnSite Member
What program is that you're using? Very impressive especially for someone who hand drafts everything.. That would be so much easier to present to a customer versus a hand drawing.
The program is Sketch up7 from google. And the best part....... IT'S FREE!!

billslawn89

LawnSite Bronze Member
ya! looks good! hey can you come and build me one of those fireplaces for me? i really need one here in southwest florida. lol...another freeze warning for tonight. wtf? its been a cold winter this year..just unreal, but anyways, keep up posted! that project will look awesome when done!

highclimber604

LawnSite Member
Are you using Permeable pavers in any part of that project? im sure you know what they are but for everyone else, Permeable pavers are a design of paver that allows water to flow through the joints and back into the ground avoiding drainage systems etc. If you are, let me know what you think of them and the installation process.

Manscape

LawnSite Member
Just downloaded the program....seems like it will be very helpful, aside form the fact that I have no idea how to use some of the features lol....ive watched an hours worth of "youtube sketch help", and I can't rotate my stone wall to be parallel with the houseeeeeeee. lol Literally have been trying for a half hour yelling at the computer. Can you assist me? I thought I knew what I was doing when it came to computers but apparently not lol....I couldn't even upload the picture of it on the site so I took a picture of it with my phone, and saved it to my computer lol. :hammerhead:

I appreciate your help!

Attachments

pitrack

LawnSite Bronze Member
i would move the waterfall back like 5 foot more. so it wont dirty the pool up. that and put it more to the corner of the pool. it look great. what cad program r u use? because I'm look for one.:usflag:
I would more so move it back a couple feet so people can walk by in front of the waterfall instead of walking through the rocks. I think it would look fine centered how it is.