1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

First mowing of the year went well!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tyaroch, May 1, 2008.

1. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

Finally, I was able to put my JD 777 to the test. I stripes really well. I was worried about that a lot. When I demoed it last fall, the grass was pretty much done growing and I was not sure if it striped well. It seems to mow fast and the 72" deck cuts quite a swath. When cutting 4-5" off of very, very lush, grass I had to slow down quite a bit, but the cut was clean and I did not have to second cut it. I did not have any scalping except when I was cutting the ditch bank. The downhilll side cut lower than the next pass. Maybe I can change my line of attack. Overall, It was fun and worked well. I think I need to take it to the dealer and get the carb adjusted. It almost stalls when I turn the deck on and it backfires when I shut it off. Hopefully they can fix it.

2. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

the jd do that i used 727 i believe for a couple of months for a company and put about 100 hrs on it and the first 50 or so would just backfire, dont know why i would start maybe turning it off with out put the throttle down all the way it worked for me, or let it idle for a few min and then shut it off.

3. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

the first 2 mows are the easy ones , let it green up and fill in then let me know how the mower cut:weightlifter: