first open trailer - Equipment defender or ballard inc racks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RonWin, Jun 30, 2019.

1. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

I run enclosed trailer setups but have decided to purchase and open 7x18 trailer with custom front ramp (folds down to back of dump truck to unload grass quicker)
    Was wondering if I should go with equipment defender racking or ballard inc racks

I run redmax 8500 back packs so would the ED be better fitting? I am leaning torwards ED as you can swivel the hose holder to be aligned with the railing of trailer as opposed to taking up space inward?
    I use tuff jugs and was wondering if there was racks out there to hold this style of gas cans? (will be unable to have a fuel rack on front of trailer as the custom ramps will be folding onto it)
    ED or Ballard for x3 trimmer racks? (run redmax string trimmers)

any other racking or custom racking ideas that would help, TIA guys

2. JaekayDesign

JaekayDesign LawnSite Senior Member

Green touch! Www.trailerracks.com .. get it from the source ( Ballard just sells products they find.. the only thing they make is the advanced chute, And the EZ Gate.. I think that’s it. Everything else is rebranded or products they found and sell from their site)
    Trailerracks.com is the page for greentouch... they make the racks.. great people, great service, excellent product. I got lots of if On my trailer. They stand behind their products too. Warranties and all.. no questions asked.