Lawn Care Forum banner

First post here, need a recommendation

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mowerconsultant 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been reading this site for a month or so now, lots of good info here.

I am not in the business, just a homeowner that mows 2-3 acres at my new home. The rider I had is absolutely killing me in time and maintenance, so I am going to invest in a commercial ZT mower. I want to buy something that will last me a long time, and has a constructed (not stamped) deck.

My neighbor has a Bad boy, 25/52 and I can cut my lawn in less than an hour as compared to 1-1.5 hrs for three evenings. That made me realie just how pathetic my rider is, lol:hammerhead:

Which Hustler would you buy, if you were me, and why?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
For your size property a FasTrak is perfect, a 20hp 52" model would knock it out in a hurry, if you wanted to get it done even faster and had the room to store it and get in everywhere you need to mow, the 23/60 Hustler Z would be great also.
Are you mowing any hills or ditches? what type of lawn are you dealing with? smooth? rough?
Let me know.

Pj

#4 ·
I'm just a homeowner now days, and I have the 23/60" Hustler Z. I love mine. Makes short work of my 3 acres. I'm not sure I could ever justify the added expense of the Super Z. I'd stick to the full size units rather then the fastracs myself, but I'm sure the smaller units are good too. Just my opinion is all.

gps-jetkier

#5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!

My yard is mostly open, with a few trees and buildings. It is not the smoothest in the world, but I hope to help that a little in the spring with some fill and a yard roller. One part of the property used to be a horse pasture, so you can imagine the roughness, lol! No hills but a couple ditches. I plan on keeping the old rider for that, as there tends to be a lot of gravel on the edges and they are also steep.

The two local dealers I talked to recommended about the same thing. One recommended the Mini Z 19/52, the other just said Z, (also 19/52)so I assume he meant the same thing, as they were close in price....

What kind of ground speed does the Mini have? How about the others you spoke of?

I am going to look at them tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again!

#7 ·
nt and test drove a new Mini Z and it was nice, but the dealer showed me a demo unit that had 100 hours on it. It was the Super Z with a 25 kaw 60" and the suspended seat. Man wa that thing smooth! I felt like I got beat around a little on the Mini. I am really leaning towards the Super for the price.

Is $6700 fair for this mower? It looks like new. Anyhting I should ask about it?

Thanks!

#12 ·
Here are a couple pics. It is already dirty from trucking around the property, lol........

I take it that the dealer will have touch up paint? Or is there a place I should order it from?

I am actually looking forward to mowing this summer. One part of the property I mowed last year would take me 1-2 hours on the rider only took me ten to fifteen minutes on my new toy!:cool2:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.