1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

    Dismiss Notice

First REAL burn

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kurt, Oct 29, 2001.

  1. kutnkru

    kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,662

    When people I know have purchased larger clientele bases, they will agree on a 3 month payment plan. Its something like 40% of the agreed price up front, and then they will get the remaining 60% based upon who they have retained at the end of the 3 months.

    No one works for free, and you shouldnt volunteer your time to gain accounts you might not retain either be they new or old ones.

    Just some friendly advice. ;)
    Kris
     
  2. walker-talker

    walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest
    Messages: 4,771

    I got into this biz 2 years ago. I bought an existing biz from a friend. He said that the accounts came with it. When I bought it I looked as it as a purchase of equipment only, because there is no guarentee of the accounts. I was forntuate that all his acounts stayed with me. Since I have heard that I do a better work than him. Unless you have a ontract, there are no guarntees. It's late and my spelling is bad.......good luck.
    Matt
     

Share This Page