1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

First Repair Job of the year!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Tom Tom, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Had my first repair job of the year the other day.

Of course its 1.25" poly which is very rare here.

Pipe had a 3" split (freeze damage-not visible in pic) to the left of the slip fix.

Before/After pics

DSC03898.JPG

DSC03899.JPG

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Rarely see 1.25" poly. Kissing Camels area has it on a few homes. I have my first on Thursday and looking at a revamp as well.

3. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

which one of you guys got sprinklerguy's business?

ask him if his lot sells utility body trucks...

4. Mark Bogart

Mark Bogart LawnSite Member

I envy you. The frost line here is still two to six feet depending on what side of the valley your in. There's also over a foot of snow on the ground at the valley floor and over 15'-20'+ in the mountains. I have major cabin fever.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Neither of us has really talked to him much about it. I'll ask him next time about the utility bods.

6. Tom Tom

I haven't heard either about Tony's Biz. I figured he'd ask Dana, but maybe he's staying in it on a part time basis?

7. Tom Tom

Yep, you guys have been nailed this year which is a good thing for the front range water supply!

The biggest snowfall at my house in the Springs was 2 or 3". We may be due for a spring blizzard.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh yeah, it's coming. Always does. I always mark on my calendar when we get spring snow storms. April 24th last year. Knocked out the power to my house for a day. Big, wet snow downed a tree limb which took out a power line next to my lot. Woke me up middle of the night. Also snow on May 23rd last year.

9. SprinklerGuy

SprinklerGuy LawnSite Bronze Member

Neither one of them has officially gotten my business....;)

I will be selling all my stuff.....and giving them my mailing list and they can fight over it....I doubt Dana wants my rental houses..but you might want them eh Tom?

I love what I'm doing...enjoying every minute of it....who would have thought. Out of 20 salesman I am in the top 3 each month since November...and making more money than I ever have in the winter....it is more steady and will get steadier as time goes on...as long as I keep selling cars in an honest way...

Does this make it official? Am I a indoorsworkingwuss?

I started back to the gym couple of weeks ago and the bar hurt my hands....maybe that makes it official.

Dana....I am going through my crap today (wednesday)....do I really need to do that or will you just buy it unseen? I also have tool boxes for a smaller truck if you ever bought one...by the way, I have a 2wd nissan extra cab down at the dealership if interested....

I still read these boards but don't post....I don't want to be the hasbeen that tries to tell everyone how to do it....;)

Thanks for the great years here on Lawnsite.....cold wet hands to all...

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Join the club. My hands are baby soft now :(