First time side discharge

Groomer

LawnSite Silver Member
He's running wavy mulchers right now if you missed that. He took the mulch kit off and hasn't gotten new blades yet.
hell, there's 90% of it right there.
I thought he had new blades on.
hi-lift and rock on! lol

( I must confess, I've never owned or tried a wavy mulching blade, could never really wrap my head around the concept as applies to commercial units, and who can even sharpen them? LOL)

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
hi-lift and rock on! lol

( I must confess, I've never owned or tried a wavy mulching blade, could never really wrap my head around the concept as applies to commercial units, and who can even sharpen them? LOL)
I do mine with the flap sander. Works quite well. Believe it or not, the wavy mulchers actually perform pretty decently while side shooting as long as the grass isn't overly tall, but 2-3" taken off is no problem IME.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Platinum Member
hi-lift and rock on! lol

I use an All American Sharpener with the angle adjustments. Using a flap wheel also, it's easy to put an edge on.

jonniesmooth

LawnSite Senior Member
Ordered the G5’s. Will be here EOW…

here’s my second side discharge mow, still not great andI don’t think the grass is too long, it’s just thick in this area… hoping the new blades help chop them up a bit more.

View attachment 449926
View attachment 449927
In the picture that shows the mower, I can see you are blowing into the uncut grass, on a pass that has fresh cut grass on it.
On that pass you should be going the other way.
Are you starting in the middle and looping back,so you are always blowing out?
That works good for blowing snow in a driveway, but not so much with grass.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
In the picture that shows the mower, I can see you are blowing into the uncut grass, on a pass that has fresh cut grass on it.
Most mowers are good for 1.5-2 passes width of clippings being shot over.

He is going back and forth alternating passes.

OP
Tb582

Tb582

LawnSite Member
uhhh , I think it blows the grass on the previous pass that far.

Top Forums