Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
mas said:
i think im gonna go with a used cat 262B and save 15k or so.. a machine with under 200 hours
I think that's a great idea. I was doing a little mental math and figured you'd have been better off hiring it done when you figure your cost per hour. If you buy a machine for $50,000 (us) that will be worth $35,000 (us) in a year and only put 250 hours on it, your owning costs per hour would be $60. Then there is the value of your time, plus fuel and maintenance.

iowacatman said:
If you buy a machine for $50,000 (us) that will be worth $35,000 (us) .
So the Cat loses 30 percent in a year?!?! Hell, why am I buying anything new? I always heard that Cat had/has the best resale, so would that number be worse with other manufacturers?

thepawnshop said:
So the Cat loses 30 percent in a year?!?! Hell, why am I buying anything new? I always heard that Cat had/has the best resale, so would that number be worse with other manufacturers?
I though we were talking about a bobcat? :)

Generally speaking, you will take the biggest hit in your first year of ownership no matter what you buy. I assume you already know that and are trying to be funny.

Scag48 said:
Bucket edges, great point! That was another one of not so favorite parts about Bobcats, couldn't see the bucket lip or the sides. With our 216, you can see it all. I don't know if this visibility problem has been addressed with the newer Bobcat machines, but I know on 3 different Bobcat machines I had the same problem.
Have You looked At John Deere 300 Series Skids?Vertical Lift,Great
Visability,Really Stable On Inclines.:weightlifter:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.