First time spraying?

grassyfras

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just got my license and a used lesco 200 gallon sprayer. I just picked up some spray-able urea for 19.00 a bag and prod-amine for 17.00 a gallon. I'm going to apply about 1 lb of prod amine per acre and 1 bag of urea per acre. I'm doing less fert this round since its my first time spraying and I don't want my mistakes shown by streaking with fert. I plan to add dye too.
I haven't got a chance yet to calibrate the sprayer and waiting on a chem-lawn gun to be shipped.

Round 2 I'll mix a three way and add potassium and maybe switch to a Coron liquid Nitrogen.

Hows this sound? Any advice? How did I do on chemical cost?

Glenn Lawn Care

LawnSite Silver Member
Plan on replacing your pump and gun every year if you are running fert in the tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey Grassy, as long as you apply correctly you wont stripe the lawns. Its a lot harder to stripe a lawn using liquid. 90% of the time people are striping lawns due to passes to far/close together or pushing dry fert with a spreader that is spreading incorrectly. As far as the premature wear, I would agree it has no effect as long as it is melted properly. Iron, however, will wear out your diaphragms slightly faster. With a 200 gallon tank might I suggest applying at a 1.5 gallons/k just to get a little extra sqft out of each tank. I think thats a blue nozzle for the chemlawn gun but Im not 100% SURE, YELLOW IS DEF. 2 GAL/K

lazyike

LawnSite Senior Member
May be a little high price on urea (don't know what quantity you bought).
2nd round I would not switch to liquid fert. I also have been using urea for years with no striping and no pump problems. Have you ever used a skid sprayer in the past? If not reach out to non competitors and see if you could shadow them for a couple of days.