Fixed or Floating?

whoopassonthebluegrass

LawnSite Platinum Member
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too broad. The answers will be meaningless bloviations on everyone's personal favorites - without an understanding of how much you mow, what you mow, budgetary constraints, etc...

OP
C

clayslandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too broad. The answers will be meaningless bloviations on everyone's personal favorites - without an understanding of how much you mow, what you mow, budgetary constraints, etc...
I mow everyday with 35 residential contracts and 6 commercial properties. I know a floating deck costs more but if it is that much better than a fixed deck, money is not an issue when you talk quality.

justanotherlawnguy

LawnSite Bronze Member
Depends on the grass you cut. If you go from cutting say short Bahia and then high at Augustine, go floating. I found with a fixed deck it never cut high enough on thick grasses.

If everything you cut is about the same, get a fixed.

Best wb period, turf tracer hp. Go get one and it solves your wb problems/questions!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ashgrove landscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
FERRIS walk behind. The best there is by FAR. Get a used fixed or float. I have one for sale. An 07 61" 25 hp kawi 600 hrs. with velke and grass gobbler for $3500. These machines will go forever. I need another rider Z so this has to go.