Fixing trailers for fellow landscapers and contractors...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JLSLLC, May 11, 2019.

1. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Long story short, I want to reach out to local LCO’s and contractors about trailer repair, and gas trucks. I have a good location ready to rent, (nothing extreme, just a place to work). I have also been putting some time in stick welding, so I want to utilize that. I looked into welding courses, that is to come soon fingers crossed..

Anyone done this before? Looking to do this in the off season, and at night after cutting/landscaping..

I’ve worked in a shop, went to trade school, and have a clientele for car repair currently. I see so many guys out there with trucks or trailers beat up, that I can fix and keep going to make money..

This would be in the evening to start and in the off season. More to come of course.

Doing well mowing, mulching, and clean ups. It will help fund..

Let me know what you think...

2. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

tag

Walker56 and JLSLLC like this.
  3. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like an honest days wage.
    Trailers are always in need of repairs.
    During busy season we'll band-aid stuff to keep production rolling. But it would be nice to to have someone be able to stop in and do fixes after hrs.

DXN1EL, Cam15, hort101 and 1 other person like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Much appreciated! Feel free to add tags as well.

hort101 and Doc8406 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

That’s the plan. I know helping guys local will help me too. Maybe they can let me borrow bigger mowers to get done faster, to keep them rolling :weightlifter:

DXN1EL, Cam15, TrainingWheels and 2 others like this.
  6. TomH&H

TomH&H LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Coopersburg, PA

I've rigged so many things on trailers it's not even funny. My license plate is currently zip tied on until I install the new bracket I bought last July. Another landscaper I know has a trailer he hasn't used in probably 3 years because the lights went bad and it needs to be rewired. Your plan would work on the other side of the Delaware River for sure.

JLSLLC, Cam15, hort101 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Fanatic

@JLSLLC , this is a great idea that will benefit many landscapers and plow operators. With your expertise and business sense, you will be a great success.

DXN1EL, JLSLLC, Cam15 and 3 others like this.
  8. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Something you might want to look into would be hydraulic hose repair. On 2 occasion I've had Pritek come out to a job site to fix a blown hose on a skid steer and a bucket truck...

DXN1EL, JLSLLC, hort101 and 3 others like this.
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Great idea! Not sure I would weld anything related with the tongue unless your insurance covers welding

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

JSLLC, if you ever come down to Knoxville bring your welder. You could make bank fixing my trailer. It definitely needs some love.

To give you an idea of the pricing for repairs, I had the brakes replace on both axles. Cost almost $1100. Labor was $700.

Mow-Daddy.com, JLSLLC, Cam15 and 4 others like this.