• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

FJ180V crank replacement price check

browning1

LawnSite Member
One worker slipped the mower off the curb and it bent the blade as well as the crankshaft, replaced the blade but still vibrates bad. How much ball park?? Thanks

Restrorob

LawnSite Fanatic
Welcome to LawnSite !

Just the crank without pan gasket or seal around $95.00 list....

Restrorob

LawnSite Fanatic
Flat rate is 1.8 hrs. including R&R, But that is only a guide. Cost depends on hourly rates in your area and whatever hrs. THEY want to charge.

dutch1

LawnSite Silver Member
As long as the part numbers are the same you'll be fine. Check into kawpower.com and determine the correct part number for your engine then compare it to part you found. If the part numbers are not the same, the cranks are not likey condigured the same. By that I mean, not the same exterior length, keyed differently, end threaded differently, tapered vs. cylindrical, etc.

Dutch

MowerMedic77

LawnSite Bronze Member
Not to Hijack the thread but I just had a similar issue in my shop and the MSRP on that engine is around $300

I don't know the labor rate in your area but example
crank $95 + 1.8hr at $65 and tax is a rough $225
without any other seals and oil and shop supply charges.

When I priced it out for my customer he went with a new engine and the piece of mind that everything was new(his unit was older, not sure the age on your engine)

May just be something to consider:)

OP
B

browning1

LawnSite Member
Not to Hijack the thread but I just had a similar issue in my shop and the MSRP on that engine is around $300

I don't know the labor rate in your area but example
crank $95 + 1.8hr at $65 and tax is a rough $225
without any other seals and oil and shop supply charges.

When I priced it out for my customer he went with a new engine and the piece of mind that everything was new(his unit was older, not sure the age on your engine)

May just be something to consider:)
Yep, thats exactly where Im at myself, got a quote for $250+tax, or $98 crank + seals and bearings and the time to do it myself or from farm exchange I can get a direct bolt on motor for $295 shipped. Looks like its getting a new motor.

OP
B

browning1

LawnSite Member
being the cheapskate that I am, I found a little mower shop that has a crank straightener machine, and for $75 said that they can get it true to -2%. What do yall think of this? Thanks again:usflag: