Flag Pole Mounting Bracket

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JimLewis, Sep 5, 2019.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking for a mounting bracket to mount a light fixture on a flag pole. Something that has like a round strap that will go around the pole and tighten down that then connects to a mount with a 1/2" NPSM thread on it.

Anyone know of such a product?

hort101 likes this.
  2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Jim, Long time no post. I have not seen such a mount. But I am wondering why you wouldn't illuminate the whole pole and the flag from the ground up. Without the pole showing, the flag is just viewed as floating in the air.

Jimmy Turks, Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    JimLewis

Well, there is one rather broad tree and several larger shrubs and a large Phormium at the bottom of the flag pole. So illuminating from the ground is what we're doing here now but it means regular pruning to keep the light path clear. It would be much easier if I could just mount the light fixture (or a couple light fixtures) like 4-5' up the pole. You'd still see the pole just fine (because below that is blocked by the foliage anyway) we just wouldn't have to be pruning so much, just to keep the light path clear.

Cam15, hort101, rlitman and 1 other person like this.
  4. starry night

I wonder if such a bracket could be easily fabricated by some shop?

Cam15 likes this.
  5. SilverPine

SilverPine LawnSite Member

I had to install a weather system on top of a flag pole. I was able to find the bracket at a local flag and pole manufacturer.

Cam15 likes this.
  6. Keith4216

Keith4216 LawnSite Member

Goggle. Flag pole light. Lots of options. Mostly solor but maybe something you can use.

7. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Don't know if this would work in your situation...We got this for my dad for Father's day and it works very well. I just texted him to see if he still has the pics of it a little after dusk and to send them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENSSPBQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cam15 likes this.
  8. starry night

Guys who are not lighting professionals: I am not trying to be snooty but the OP is a professional.(and polite enough that he wouldn't come back on you as I am doing.) He is looking for a substantial bracket to mount a substantial, professional LED fixture. It will be wired for 12 volt. It won't be solar.

gcbailey and JimLewis like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    JimLewis

Correct. Thank you, Phil.

10. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

I'd suggest searching for a pole camera mount. There are all sorts of security camera mounting systems that bolt onto poles, most using worm gear clamps that will adapt to any reasonable pole size, even if the pole is tapered (stay away from ones that use sized U bolts, because that can compromise the pole).

Worst case scenario, you bolt an exterior electrical box to the pole mount, and get your 1/2" threaded connection from there if you can't find a mount that has what you need.

That, or use a short piece of Unistrut and a large pipe clamp that fits the pole (though Unistrut pipe clamps are sized for conduit and pipe and may not come in a size for that part of the pole).

Or fab something up with worm gear clamps. That's what I'd do in my home.

hort101 and JimLewis like this.