1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Flat surface pressure washer

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by bigviclbi, Apr 4, 2020.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Looking for a flat surface machine to use on paver patios and driveways. I am Hardscape/landscape company so won’t be full time but I have a lot of customers that request their pavers getting power washed. When we do it with a handheld wand it’s not time efficient. Looking for opinions/models that people have had success with. Thanks.

2. OP
    OP
    bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Also wanted to mention that I currently only have a 3 gallon per minute machine so I’m sure that would preclude me from using anything superheavy duty.But any suggestions on something that would get me through three or four jobs a year would be greatly appreciated

3. hal

hal LawnSite Fanatic
    from Georgia

Cam15 likes this.
  4. falzoneslawncare

falzoneslawncare LawnSite Member

5. ghutch

ghutch LawnSite Member

6. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Milwaukee pressure washer with a Honda GX390 13 HP engine. The washer is rated at 3750 psi & 4 gpm. Which surface cleaner would be recommended for this?

Would the Mi-T-M AW-7020-8003 Rotary Surface Cleaner, 20" be a good choice? Would one with wheels be easier to operate? I would be cleaning a couple thousand square feet of concrete at my house and my brother in law would want to use it on his several thousand square feet of patio, sidewalk & driveway. My pressure washer will not inject soap when high pressure nozzles are use so how is soap applied and what soap is recommended?

Cam15 likes this.
  7. hdtvluvr

8. hal

hal LawnSite Fanatic
    from Georgia

That or the general hammerhead, 20 would be fine, we have the 18 hammerhead, very good, we also have the 15 Mi-T-M goes on the end of the wand, both have ball bearings and are great. The 15 we use on a 2750/2.8 for decks the 18 we use for cement areas with a 4000/4

Cam15 likes this.
  9. hdtvluvr

Does the ABS cover on the general hammerhead cover a metal dome over the wand? Or is the ABS cover the actual dome? I assume the 18" creates a 16 inch path? I would think a wider path would require more PSI and/or more GPH. I think I'd rather have a faster unit with a slightly smaller path (18" cleaner) than perhaps questionable speed on a 20" cleaner. What are your thoughts? I found the 18" Hammerhead for $330 and free shipping. It is in my price range.

10. hdtvluvr

Just wanted to check back in. I decided on the 20" Whirl-A-Way with casters Part #: 85.403.011. I sure hope I made the correct choice but I wanted something where parts would be available for a long time.

hal likes this.