Floridian wtb leaf loader to fill wheelbarrows with compost

adam.neusbaum

LawnSite Senior Member
Im thinking that a leaf loader will suck compost soil out of my trucks and into wheelbarrows. No local demos to try first so looking for a used one
Would prefer to have it shipped to me instead of driving for 3 days
in Florida 34491. 352-342-1384-Adam
Posted via Mobile Device

Eurosport

LawnSite Member
After trying to fill one wheel barrow cleanly with one you will want to throw it out. They are meant to load leaves into a large area not load soil into a small wheel barrow. Not to mention you will have to clean the impeller housing, hose and chute every minute probably. save your money and get some labour to shovel it out.

Alpha Property

LawnSite Senior Member
try looking at a v box salt spreader that fits in a pickup truck bed. you can take the spreader part off and just run the auger or chains and have it pour out of the end of the box into a wheel barrow. you can get them new for less than 4g's

OP
adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum

LawnSite Senior Member
19 months we've unloaded over 400 cubic yards by hand. Mules are too expensive & v-boxes wont hold the capacity & besides my Isuzu dumptruck can't hold the v-box plus the compost weight together. Currently building an angled open auger to accommodate but vacuum was a recent brainstorm.
Posted via Mobile Device

ponyboy

LawnSite Bronze Member
Is that a lot in 19 months
Does your tail gate have the coal chutes I put them in after I put 2 in my guys love them
Posted via Mobile Device