Lawn Care Forum banner

Flyer Ideas, HELP

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Tonychic 
#1 ·
Ive racked my brain to come up with a good/professional/informative flyer for plugging this fall. Needless to say, Ive come up empty.:confused:

Im asking for ideas how to get attention and the point across. My main problem is too much, so imo, the person reading will get bored too quick and throw it away.

I would greatly appreciate a copy, your ideas or mock ups of a flyer. If you have a flyer "trademarked", I will change the wording.

Thanks Tony

#3 ·
Definitely something I would be interested in, WHEN I get established. Ive been police for 15 years now and have always done lawn care, 4 years with my own "business". But plugging is the only part I am getting back into for fall and spring. Ive got the equipment, I just need the clients. My buddy put a small demo together for me, but what I am mainly looking for,again, until I am established, is the wording to put on a flier.

Thanks for the link, they really have good feedback. Tony

#4 ·
If you want the flyer to grab people's attention it needs to have color and graphics. The graphics don't need to be elaborate but just something that will catch the person's attention. Make sure to provide the basic info, like company name and contact info. But also include the benefits of your service, basically tell the customer how this service will better their lawn. Don't put too many words on it as to make it look cluttered.

#5 ·
Here is the basic design on what I put out, it was going to be in color, but that was too expensive, so I just printed on bright paper. Sorry about the watermark, the scanner software is a trial version. :hammerhead:

Tell me what you think

Font Poster Terrestrial plant Parallel Rectangle

#8 ·
I wouldn't do it then, let a printer do the art work and the printing.. you don't have to go full colour either. I found that prices on the flyers are helpful, I basically collect flyers and take the best ideas off them. But I have Illustrator and photoshop etc. I see people on here doing there own flyers with Word and for the most part they look horrible.

You should search for a guy named bigw he put pics of his mailer on the site and talked about the response he got. He just started last spring which btw, is the best time to advertise. I'm not sure if you'll get any response this time of year.

#9 ·
My focus isnt to put out 1k fliers, just 2-300. I have gotten 23 so far just speaking with co workers, and they are asking their neighbors/family. My goal is 60-80, but I 50 would be a good start. Mainly to pay off the equipment.

#11 ·
I think anything that shows someone is willing to work and go out to earn business deserves the opportunity.
This isnt my profession, just another way to make some decent money to put back for the family. I also have a car detailing business[8 yrs] that is word of mouth and referrals.

#12 ·
For a kid that's pretty impressive! I bet he got a lot of calls off that to be honest.
Thanks, but no calls yet though, only passed out 30-40 and it's the middle of summer, so I can't expect much. That link had some good information on it too.

#13 ·
Thanks, but no calls yet though, only passed out 30-40 and it's the middle of summer, so I can't expect much. That link had some good information on it too.
When it was all said and done how much did the materials cost you? BTW expect a .5-2 percent return.
Posted via Mobile Device

#14 ·
Yeah, I might just go door to door in my neighborhood this spring or pay my brother too. The paper cost $5 for bright yellow cardstock (almost cardstock atleast), and then you have to add the cost for the toner, so $6 or $7 total.

#15 ·
As with ALL advertising, it only works if someone is interested in the service or product offered.

Kind of like, you never noticed all the Red, Ford F-150's until you bought a red, ford F-150. If you are looking for a lawn service, then you will read the flyer put in your door. If you aren't, it goes in the trash.

Keep it simple with the facts. Don't have any spelling errors. Keep the graphics simple.

Volume is the key. 30 flyers will not generate any business. 100 flyers will get 2 calls and no business. 1000 flyers will get 10 calles and 1 customer.

Good Luck

#16 ·
There is a great website that gives you templets so you wont put to much information I order postcard and flyers from them monthly and the return is worth it! the website is called VISTAPRINT and look at Landscaping designs... This helps us that dont wont to give to much info or not good as designing : ) I have offers for free postcards and flyer in my email so if interested email me and I can forward these coupons to you Toole.landscaping@gmail.com

#17 ·
It's not always about how colorful or eye catching it is. It's about being in front of the potential customer at the right time. Just because the success wasn't what you expected the first time, don't let that discourage you. Keep putting them out there over and over. You'll build brand recognition. As a rule of thumb in my area, I expect about 1/2% closure when I advertise

#19 ·
I do aeration exclusively and use flyers for advertisement. This is my first season doing it, but it has been very good to me. Attached is the flyer I use. It may not be the best flyer ever, but it gets me around .8 - 1.5 % return, and I do at least 2000 per week. I have a local shop that provide me with 1000 8.5 X 11 pieces for 30 bucks. Since my flyer is a 2-up on that sheet, I get 2000 flyers for 30 bucks and I deliver myself with my friend's 12 year old son, whom I pay $5 per hour (usually around 10 hours to do it). I get around 20 hits and make nice cash for a side gig.

Attachments

#21 ·
I do aeration exclusively and use flyers for advertisement. This is my first season doing it, but it has been very good to me. Attached is the flyer I use. It may not be the best flyer ever, but it gets me around .8 - 1.5 % return, and I do at least 2000 per week. I have a local shop that provide me with 1000 8.5 X 11 pieces for 30 bucks. Since my flyer is a 2-up on that sheet, I get 2000 flyers for 30 bucks and I deliver myself with my friend's 12 year old son, whom I pay $5 per hour (usually around 10 hours to do it). I get around 20 hits and make nice cash for a side gig.
I like that flyer. At first glance it I thought it was an important notice, like a summons or something:laugh: I had to read it. I can see why it's working for you... damn is that two to a page? Might copy it.

I'd suggest the guy that started this thread take some ideas from it also. Black and White = perfect contrast. He was using gray scale pics and blocks on a yellow back ground which is brutal in appearance. (imo at least)

#22 ·
I like that flyer. At first glance it I thought it was an important notice, like a summons or something:laugh: I had to read it. I can see why it's working for you... damn is that two to a page? Might copy it.

I'd suggest the guy that started this thread take some ideas from it also. Black and White = perfect contrast. He was using gray scale pics and blocks on a yellow back ground which is brutal in appearance. (imo at least)
Thanks for the nice comments.

I have found it to be successful on yellow paper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.